Weekend Fun Planned
I had a feeling as I looked through Facebook this week that this post – which I hope becomes a regular thing – would be jam-packed. Here are events of note for this weekend. Don’t forget to stop by local businesses in between attending these things for gifts, a great meal or just to show some love. If I missed an event, let me know, and I will add it.
Friday, August 1
- You have three more chances to see the Acts of Kindness Theatre’s production of Tarzan at the Eichelberger Performing Arts Center. Shows are Friday and Saturday at 7 p.m. and Sunday at 2 p.m. Tickets are $16 and are available online.
- Snyder’s Pretzels is having a Customer Appreciation Sale from 7 a.m. to 6 p.m. at the outlet on Route 116.
- There are three choices for music tonight:
- Randy Z is playing the Bay City deck at 7 p.m.
- Chasing the Day will play the Taste of Bourbon patio from 6-9 p.m.
- Bluegrass comes to The Winner’s Circle Lounge with Still Hand playing at 10 p.m.
Saturday, August 2
- El Rancho, a new restaurant at the old Dutch’s location at ELm and High streets, had a soft opening yesterday, but will have its Grand Opening on Saturday.
- Timeline Arcade will have music beginning at 8 p.m. A $10 admission gets you free game play and a chance to see Taneytown’s Hunson Abadeer and two Raleigh, N.C. bands – The Water Between and Six Shots Later.
- Deep Six will play the Bay City deck at 7 p.m.
- Off the Record on Elm Avenue will have an Open Mic from 8 to 10 p.m.
Sunday, August 3
- Codorus Park Summer concert series is First Capitol Brass will play the Codorus Park Summer Concert Series at 7 p.m. at the bandshell. Bring a lawn chair. The York ensemble includes James Hoffman & Lynus Strayer (Trumpets), Jack Mackley (Horn), Jon Moyer (Trombone) and Adrian Strayer (Tuba), who play a wide range of music.